Bring Some Shine to your Smile this Summer
- Posted on: Jul 15 2017
The summer months are filled with barbecues and family gatherings and, possibly, a wedding or two. We are not yet finished with summer. Once we are, there is a busy holiday social season just ahead. Throughout all of the festivities, we know you want to look your best. That’s why we are here with a friendly reminder that your teeth may need a boost.
It’s only natural for teeth to lose their luster over time. We get in a hurry and don’t rinse after that morning cup of coffee. We may not see the dentist right at the six-month mark for cleanings that remove surface stains before they settle into deeper pores. There are countless reasons that discoloration occurs. The real issue is not trying to avoid it but handling it when necessary. We’re right here to help you do that.
Faster Results with Professional Care
Pittsford cosmetic dentist Dr. DeStefano offers teeth whitening in the office and also as a home-care process. Both are efficient and convenient, and you can lift several shades using either method. However, when brightness is needed now, we suggest that you contact us for Zoom! Teeth whitening.
In-office teeth whitening is simple because we do it all for you! Before we perform any whitening treatment, though, we perform a thorough examination of your teeth and gums. Neglecting this step could mean unnecessary discomfort or unsatisfactory results.
During the in-office teeth whitening procedure, a few simple steps lead to a great new smile:
- Patients may wish to apply lip balm before treatment to prevent small cracks on the lips due to dryness.
- After inserting a comfortable fixture to hold the lips away from teeth, we shield the lips and the gums in a manner that prevents whitening gel from coming into contact with delicate tissue.
- We carefully apply whitening gel, made of hydrogen peroxide, to visible enamel surfaces.
- The Zoom! light is directed toward the mouth. This activates the whitening gel for maximum absorption into teeth.
- After 15 minutes, the whitening gel is removed, and we check results. If more lift is desired, the process can be repeated up to two more times.
That’s Not All
As we mentioned, it’s only natural for teeth to lose their luster over time. You can manage how long whitening lasts by rinsing the mouth after drinking red wine, soda, coffee, tea, and other dark beverages. Smoking should also be avoided.
Are you ready for a lift? Call (585)248-2383.
Posted in: Tooth Whitening