How to replace a single missing tooth
- Posted on: Feb 28 2021
A missing tooth can cause a patient to have feelings of reduced self-confidence and make them feel as though they need to avoid social interactions. Not only can one or more missing teeth cause aesthetic issues with the smile, it can also effect speaking and eating efficiency. Patients might find themselves covering their mouth with their hand when speaking due to the embarrassment of missing teeth. However, Dr. Thomas J. DeStefano understands the concerns that come with missing teeth, and offers solutions of replacing a single individual tooth—or several!
Why should I replace my missing tooth?
There are a variety of reasons why patients will consider tooth replacement. This includes:
- Cosmetic appearance of the smile
- Embarrassment from missing one or more teeth
- Inability to eat or speak properly
- The increasing risk of bone loss/bone resorption
- Improving self-confidence in the smile
What options are available for tooth replacement?
Dr. Thomas J. DeStefano is pleased to offer a variety of tooth replacement options for patients to consider. His practice offers the following ways to replace a single tooth:
- Dental bridge – dental bridges are restorations that use false teeth fused to dental crowns on each side to replace a single tooth. The adjacent teeth are used as a support and allow the patient to fill the space in an affordable manner.
- Dentures – partial dentures are used in situations where patients are missing one or more teeth within the smile. These dentures are made with a metal framework that uses the remaining teeth in the dental arch to offer support and stabilization where a false tooth slides into place.
- Dental implants – the most desirable option is the dental implant. This titanium post is placed by Dr. Thomas J. DeStefano during oral surgery. It maintains bone growth of the jaw while offering a strong and stable foundation for a bridge, crown, or denture. Dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care.
Discover tooth replacement options with our Pittsford, NY area dentist
A missing tooth can cause you to avoid smiling and socializing with others. Rebuild your confidence—and your smile—with the help of the team at DeStefano Dentistry! Dr. Thomas J. DeStefano has years of experience in providing general, cosmetic, and restorative care for new and current patients. His office is located at 600 Kreag Road, and patients can call to make an appointment at (585) 248-2383.