Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OHSA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
We want you to feel comfortable receiving care in our office. The health and safety of our patients and team is our top priority. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. These changes are made to protect our patients and team. Some of the changes are:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You may be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Your temperature will be taken when you arrival at our office.
- Everyone is required to wear a face mask entering the office.
- We are limiting the number of patients in the reception area.
- If you wish to wait in your vehicle, you may call the office to let us know that you are in the parking lot and when we are ready for your appointment, we will contact you to come in.
- We have hand sanitizer in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s books and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect
- We will be implementing two hospital grade air filters to kill any bacteria in the air.
- Our team will be wearing more PPEs than what you are used to seeing them in
- All team members will be screened and have their temperatures taken daily
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty.
Dr. Thomas J. DeStefano D.M.D. and Team